oh- you’re raw, vegan annnnd sugar free??
and you’re also chocolaty, fudgy annnnnd rich??
well- lets stop talking and get munchin- shall we?!
in all seriousness- make these!
they are delish and easy and totally perfect for those late night post-workout chocolate/junk food cravings!
recipe from HungryHealthyHappy
Ingredients – Makes 16:
-150g/1 cup almonds (you could use a mixer of almonds, pecans and walnuts too)
- 30g/Quarter of a cup of cocoa powder and another 60g/half a cup of cocoa
- 4 tbsp shredded coconut
- 150g/1 cup of pitted dates
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp orange essence or juice from an orange (we’re not to fond of orange and chocolate so we left it out)
- 4 tbsp almond butter (you could use any nut butter you like).
- 2 bananas (the riper the banana the more banana flavor there will be)
1) Put the almond, 30g/quarter of a cup of cocoa, coconut and dates in a food processor and process until it forms a crumb like consistency.
2) Tip this mixture into a brownie pan and press down with your hands so it is packed down real good.
3) Put the rest of the cocoa, honey, orange essence, almond butter and bananas in a food processor until smooth.
4) Spread onto the pressed crumb mix and then put it in the freezer.
5) Whenever you want a bit, take it out of the freezer and cut a piece off and put the rest back in the freezer. You can it it straight out of the freezer if you like the brownie to be a bit harder or if you want it softer, leave it for 5-10 minutes before eating. It is delicious either way.
Nutritional Information per piece: makes 12