where. to. begin.
well, i love it
but it’s an continuing work in progress.
is it weird that i feared breast feeding more than labor itself?
well i did- because honestly, all i heard and read were horror stories!
-the cracking. the bleeding. painful engorgement. the toe curling pain when baby eats. mastitis. clogged ducts and low milk supply- to name a few, scared the tots numb.
but i went with it and yes it was painful but totally worth it
baby boy only preferred one tot for the first 2 weeks of his life. Which lead to a very unloved and painfully full boob- which leaked like a broken faucet bee tee dubs.
yes, engorgement hurts and yes feeding your little angle may make you want to scream and throw him across the room and never breast feed again. (say whhhhat?)
but, like most things in life, practice produces somewhat perfect results
you and your baby will find your rhythm and he will learn to latch
Your body will regulate how much milk you make, which will relieve the painful engorgement
most of the time mastitis and clogged ducts can be prevented as well as cracked or bleeding nips. most of the time
nip pain eventually subsides
and before you know it you’ll be breast feeding and going to the bathroom at the same time!!! (say whhhhat again?)
here’s what got me through (and still helping out) the first few weeks of breast feeding
1. Nursing, or even thinking of nursing, makes you insanely thirsty- so keep a water bottle close!
2. Where would i be with out nursing pads? I’ll tell ya where, over a bowl or giant cup catching the milk the ladies leaked. These are great! super absorbent without the bulk! there’s nothing quiet like a two leaky boobs to ruin your day slash ego.
3. THIS LANOLIN STUFF SAVED MY NIPS! GET IT if you plan to breast feed! enough said.
4. nursing bras are weird, but wonderful! Easy accesses without looking unsexy! ok.. bras are bras- boys will love whats in em no matter what kind of bra you sport.
5. So remember how my babe preferred only one tot? Well, this pump save me unloved boob! It was painfully engorged & im pretty sure if i’d left it for much longer i would have developed mastitis. But thankfully this pump helped resolve that issue and bonus! the hubs was able to join in on feeding him!
p.p.s you can literally squirt milk across the room- i have yet to measure how far i can go..